The Vegas Voice received 11 awards – including five “First Place Awards.” Awards included:
1. General Excellence (For the entire Vegas Voice family)
2. Special Sections (political editor Rana Goodman) for her work and efforts on guardianship reform in Nevada; it’s the 3rd consecutive year The Vegas Voice was recognized and applauded for our reform efforts.
3. Editorial/Opinion (publisher Dan Roberts);
4. Column Review (our Yvonne Cloutier’s Musical Moments columnist)
5. Senior Issues (our Jim Valkenburg’s Insurance Insights columnist)
6. Travel Column (our vacation editor Crystal Sarbacker’s Out & About articles)
7. Overall Design (our graphic editor Michael Roberts)
And to cap off the ceremony, Vegas Voice President Ray Sarbacker pretty much swept the graphics awards categories - winning the following:
8. Front Cover Illustration (for his 100th Vegas Voice front page)
9. Self- Promotion Award (for last year’s graphics on winning the NAMPA awards – guess he’s going to have to “top this” for these awards!)
10. Best single color ad (for his Vegas Vacationers Tuscany ad)
11. Best Banner (for his front page display which was thereafter copied by the Las Vegas Review Journal).
Founded in 1994, NAMPA is the only non-profit association of boomer/senior publications in the United States and Canada. Currently, NAMPA member publications cover 37 states and two provinces in Canada with 98 editions and has estimated monthly readership of four million boomer/seniors.
Don't Miss Our next events